Post-game analysis: Takeaways and Wrap Video
Our post-game analysis from No. 3 Purdue's 75-67 win over Maryland Wednesday night in Mackey Arena.
• Purdue was as good defensively as it's been all season during the opening stretch of this game, right up there with Butler and some other games in terms of its level of dominance.
You saw — and have seen often — a very connected group of defenders, for the most part, quick to help each other.
Whether it's been point guards driving the lane, or big men putting the ball on the floor around the baseline, there always seems to be help near-by swiping at the ball. It's yielded far more steals than this team produced a year ago and been generally disruptive when not. It's made opponents visibly hesitant at times.
Subscribe today to read the full article and get everything Rivals has to offer.
- Members-only message boards
- Predict prospect commits with FanFutureCast
- Exclusive highlights and recruiting interviews
- Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series
- Breaking recruiting news